DTA PT 1600
High temperature Differential Thermal Analysis (DTA)
The Differential Thermal Analysis is the most common thermal analysis method due to its wide range of information provided. The Linseis high temperature DTA PT 1600 is designed to deliver highest calorimetric sensitivity, short time constants and a condensation free sample chamber. These features guarantee superior resolution and baseline stability over the entire instrument lifetime. Thus providing a indispensable tool for material development, R&D and quality control.
All Linseis Differential Thermal Analyzers (DTA) comprise the advantages of latest technology, highest resolution and a robust easy to use instrument design.
The modular concept allows configuration of different furnace types for an extremely wide temperature range from -150 °C up to 2400 °C. Therefore many different sensors and types of crucibles for the DTA are available. The vacuum tight construction of this system allows the implementation of quantitative enthalpy and Cp determinations in a pure gas atmosphere or under vacuum of 10-5 mbar. Additionally, the system can always be coupled with a mass spectrometer or FTIR to obtain further information.
|Model||DTA PT 1600|
|Temperature range:||-150°C bis 500/700/1000°C, RT – 1400/1500/1600/1650/1750/2000/2400°C|
|Heating rates:||0.001 K/min … 50 K/min|
|Cooling rates*:||0.001 K/min … 50 K/min|
|Atmospheres:||reducing, oxid., inert (static, dynamic)|
- Different manual, semi-automatic and automatic Gas Control Boxes (with MFC)
- Broad range of crucibles made of gold, silver, platinum, aluminum, stainless steel (high pressure), etc.
- Standard sealing press and special high pressure crucible sealing press
- Liquid Nitrogen Cooling unit (-150°C)
- Selection of Intracoolers as alternative to liquid nitrogen cooling
All thermo analytical devices of LINSEIS are PC controlled and the individual software modules exclusively run under Microsoft Windows operating systems. The complete software consists of 3 modules: temperature control, data acquisition and data evaluation. The Linseis 32 – bit software encounters all essential features for measurement preparation, execution and evaluation with a DTA run, just like with other thermo analytical experiments. Due to our specialists and application experts LINSEIS was able to develop this easy understandable and highly practical software.
- Repetition measurements with minimum parameter input
- Evaluation of current measurement
- Curve comparison up to 32 curves
- Curve subtraction
- Multi-methods analysis (DSC TG, TMA, DIL, etc.)
- Zoom function
- 1. and 2. Derivative
- Multiple smoothing functions
- Complex peak evaluation
- Multipoint calibration for sample temperature
- Multipoint calibration for change of enthalpy
- Cp calibration for heat flow
- Storage and export of evaluations
- Program capable of text editing
- Export and import of data ASCII
- Data export to MS Excel
- Signal-steered measuring procedures
- Zoom in function
- Undo function
The Linseis DTA PT 1600 uses a dynamic measuring principle. It can measure endothermal and exothermal heat flows between the sample and the reference. These heat flows are result of physical or chemical changes of the samples. Very often a DTA is used for purity measurements of mixtures of metals. This is due to the fact that the melting point changes in dependence to differing amounts of impurities.
- Purity measurements
- Melting point determination (onset / offset)
- energy content of explosives
- stability of explosives (storage)