Measuring instruments for Thermal Analysis, Thermoelectrics and Thermal Conductivity
Linseis instruments are based on more than 50 years of experience in developing laboratory equipment for materials research. Our technologies allow the measurement of parameters from classical thermal analysis, e.g. the measurement of changes in weight and length and the determination of thermal conductivity of materials.
Our latest developments address the needs of the electronics industry and thin-film technology. Barely visible to our eyes but for use in high-tech components, the composition of thin films is indispensable, our measuring techniques go down to the micrometer range. Measuring devices for thermoelectrics determine test quantities in order to use the waste heat utilization of components more efficiently.
Before products come into everyday use, researchers and quality controllers thoroughly analyze and test their properties. Reliable and consistent measurement results are the basis for predicting the quality and performance promise of a product.
Linseis instruments are used by scientists and engineers in the chemical, automotive, polymer, and electronics industries. Today, the materials of tomorrow are developed with our measuring instruments
Linseis product overview
Properties and Applications
- can measure heat flow, weight changes, dimension changes or mechanical properties as a function of temperature, time and atmosphere
- and provides parameters for melting, glass transitions, crystallization, oxidation, decomposition, volatilization, coefficient of thermal expansion and modulus
- can measure heat transfer properties like thermal conductivity, thermal diffusivity and specific heat capacity
- and gives you information about a material’s ability to store and transfer heat
- can measure dimensional changes in a thermal environment
- and gives you information about linear thermal expansion, deformations and optical changes during a melting process
- can measure or determine electric resistivity, Seebeck coefficient, ZT value and Hall coefficient
- and gives you information about a conversion of waste heat into electrical power and the quality of the thermoelectric material