Differential Scanning Calorimeter
Heat Flow measurements from -180°C up to 1750°C
Linseis has many years of experience in constructing DSC (differential scanning calorimeter) equipment. We have been able to meet highest demands for each request from research / development and quality control in a temperature range from -180°C to 1750°C and a pressure range from vacuum up to 300 bar.
Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) is the most popular measurement technique to detect endothermic and exothermic transitions like the determination of transformation temperatures and enthalpy of solids and liquids as a function of temperature. Therefore the sample and reference are maintained at nearly the same temperature throughout the experiment and the heatflux will be measured.
LINSEIS DSC overview
Applications with Differential Scanning Calorimeter
- Phase transitions – Determination of melting and crystallization points as well as phase transitions by measurement of the change of enthalpy over temperature
- Determination of Glass Temperature – Measurement of TG with high resolution calorimetric detection
- Measurement of specific heat CP – Determination of specific heat CP of solids and liquids with sapphire standard
- Enthalpy measurement of chemical reactions – Determination of endothermic and exothermic enthalpy ΔH of chemical reactions
- Measurement of thermal / oxidative stability – Determination of OIT (Oxidation Induction Time) in various gas atmospheres and at different pressures
Possible measurement conditions of our DSC´s
- Temperature range from -180°C up to 1750°C
- Various gas atmospheres: air, nitrogen, helium, argon, getter gas, vacuum etc.
- Pressure from 10-5 mbar up to 150 bar
Our instruments operate in agreement with national and international standards such as: ASTM C 351, D 3417, D 3418, D 3895, D 4565, E 793, E 794, DIN 51004, 51007, 53765, 65467, DIN EN 728, ISO 10837, 11357, 11409.
Versatile and Innovative
The use of a DSC in chemistry fits into a wide range of applications for multiple industries. These include the production of polymers as well as for research purposes in the academic sector. As a leading worldwide manufacturer of DSC instruments, we design equipment that meets the most uncompromising standards and achieves unsurpassed performance. When you turn to us for DSC sensor technology, you can count on receiving the most innovative solutions for one’s needs no matter what they may be. If you’d like to learn more about us or any of the products we offer, browse our selection here or get in touch with us today for more information.