Differential Scanning Calorimeter - DSC PT1600
High temperature Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC) up to 1750°C
Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) is the most common thermal analysis method due to its wide range of information provided. The LINSEIS high temperature DSC PT1600 (HDSC/DTA) is designed to deliver highest calorimetric sensitivity, short time constants and a condensation free sample chamber. These features guarantee superior resolution and baseline stability over the entire instrument lifetime. This provides an indispensable tool for material development, R&D and quality control.
The modular concept of the HDSC and DTA systems allows the use of different furnaces with a temperature range from -150°C up to 1750°C. The vacuum tight design enables quantitative enthalpy and Cp (Specific Heat) determination under the cleanest atmospheres and under vacuum of 10E-5mbar. The systems can be upgraded with an optional sample robot and coupled to a MS or FTIR.
User friendly exchangeable measureing systems such as a DTA Sensor and two different DSC Sensors are available. Each DSC Sensor is available as type E, K, S, B for the DSC PT1600.
This allows the perfect chioce for any application, temperature or atmosphere.
|Temperature range:||-180°C up to 500°C|
|RT - 1400/1500/1600/1650/1750°C|
|Sensor Types:||DTA / DSC / DSC - Cp|
|Heating rates:||0.001 K/min ... 50 K/min|
|Cooling rates*:||0.001 K/min ... 50 K/min|
|Atmospheres:||reducing, oxid., inert (static, dynamic)|
* temperature dependent
All thermo analytical devices of LINSEIS are PC controlled and the individual software modules exclusively run under Microsoft Windows operating systems. The complete software consists of 3 modules: temperature control, data acquisition and data evaluation. The Linseis 32 – bit software encounters all essential features for measurement preparation, execution and evaluation with a DSC run, just like with other thermo analytical experiments. Due to our specialists and application experts LINSEIS was able to develop this easy understandable and highly practical software.
- Temperature Modulated DSC
- Repetition measurements with minimum parameter input
- Evaluation of current measurement
- Curve comparison up to 32 curves
- Curve subtraction
- Multi-methods analysis (DSC TG, TMA, DIL, etc.)
- Zoom function
- 1. and 2. Derivative
- Multiple smoothing functions
- Complex peak evaluation
- Multipoint calibration for sample temperature
- Multipoint calibration for change of enthalpy
- Cp calibration for heat flow
- Storage and export of evaluations
- Program capable of text editing
- Export and import of data ASCII
- Data export to MS Excel
- Signal-steered measuring procedures
- Zoom in function
- Undo function
Inorganics, Ceramics, Metals & Alloys
Automotive / Aviation / Aerospace, Power Generation / Energy, Research, Development and Academia, Material Science, Electronics Industry
The components used for production of magnetic ferrite's are ZnO, Fe2O3 and Cr2O3. Cr2O3 is added for modifications of the magnetic and electric properties. At 735°C the powder forms a mixed ferrite with a signal structure (exothermic reaction: -20.6 J/g). Above 1034°C and 1321°C the heat flow deviates strongly into the endothermic direction due to melting of different phases. The Linseis DSC PT1600 with the type S-measuring head provides a very stable baseline with an extremely low noise level up to 1450°C. This high sensitivity is essential to perform exact enthalpy measurements and evaluations.
Here is a short extract of our available accessories:
- Different manual, semi-automatic and automatic Gas Control Boxes (with MFC)
- Broad range of crucibles made of gold, silver, platinum, aluminum, stainless steel (high pressure), etc.
- Standard sealing press and special high pressure crucible sealing press
- Liquid Nitrogen Cooling unit (-180°C)
- Selection of Intracoolers as alternative to liquid nitrogen cooling
- Differential_Scanning_Calorimeter_DSC_PT1600_ENG.pdf (293 K Bytes)