Revolutionary Sensor Concept
The all new Chip DSC-sensor integrates all essential parts of DSC, furnace, sensor and electronics in a miniaturized housing. The chip-arrangement comprises the heater and temperature sensor in a chemically inert ceramic arrangement with metallic heater and temperature sensor.
This arrangement allows superior reproducibility and due to the low mass outstanding temperature control and heating rates of up to 1000°C/min. The integrated sensor is easily user exchangeable and available for a low cost.
The integrated design of the chip-sensor delivers superior raw data, which enables a direct analysis without pre- or post-processing of heat flow data.
Applications on the Chip-DSC 100 are expandable by various accessories. You can use different cooling systems in combination with a sample robot. The sample robot is available in two versions with 42 or 84 positions.
The instrument has a gas tight design, different gas dosing options are available.
- Unübertroffene Reaktionszeitkonstante (hyperreduzierte Heizmasse)
- Heiz- und Kühlrate bis 1000 ° C
- Kalibrierung, die nicht von der Temperatur oder der Heizrate abhängt
- sehr schnelle Abkühlung möglich
- Mehrere Zubehörteile ermöglichen die Analyse im Sub-Umgebungsbereich (Flüssigstickstoff, Intracooler, siehe Peltier-Element um 0 ° C zu starten)
|Temperature range:||-180 up to 600°C (Peltier cooling system, Closed-loop Intracooler, LN2 cooling system)|
|Heating and cooling rates:||0,001 up to 1000°C/min|
|Temperature accuracy:||+/- 0,2K|
|Temperature precision:||+/- 0,02K|
|Digital resolution:||16.8 million points|
|– (Unsichtbar, siehe EXTRA CLASS NAME unten) –||– (Unsichtbar, siehe EXTRA CLASS NAME unten) –|
|Atmospheres:||inert, oxidizing (static, dynamic)|
|Measuring range:||+/-2,5 up to +/-250mW|
|Calibration:||recommended 6-month interval|
Peltier cooling system (0 – 600°C)
This is a Peltier cooled heat exchanger. The simple to install accessory reduces the starting temperature of the DSC-sensor to 0°C. Due to the low thermal mass of the sensor the DSC can now reach linear heating from 10°C onwards. With this starting temperature 90% of polymers can be evaluated.
Closed-loop Intracooler (-100 – 600°C)
Closed cycle refrigerated cooling system. Can cool down to -100°C. This Intracooler eliminates the need of refilling LN2 for cooling purposes.
Quench cooling system (-120 – 600 °C)
The Quench cooling accessories provide a LN2 reservoir that feeds the cooling socket for sample and sensor. This low cost system allows measurements in combination with a sample robot at temperatures down to -120 °C under defined atmospheres.
LN2 Cooling system (-150 – 600°C)
Controlled cooling system for ultra-low temperature application down to -150°C. This accessory provides the greatest flexibility and cooling capacity of all available options.
- Cooling with defined atmospheres also possible in combination with sample robot
- Low cost LN2 Quenchcooling (uncontrolled cooling controlled heating)
- Controlled LN2 cooling possible with KREG and DEWAR
- Cooling with closed loop intracooler (no need of LN2)
- Cooling with Peltier cooler
- Gastight design
- Integrated gas dosing with MFC´s or Valves for 3 gases
- Sample robot with 42 or 84 positions
The all new Rhodium Software greatly enhances your workflow as the intuitive data handling only requires minimum parameter input. AutoEval offers a valuable guidance for the user when evaluating standard processes such as glass transitions or melting points.
Thermal library product identification tool, provides a database with 600 polymers permitting an automatic identification tool for your tested polymer. Instrument control and/or surveillance through mobile devices gives you control wherever you are.
- Software packages are compatible with latest Windows operating system
- Set up menu entries
- All specific measuring parameters (User, Lab, Sample, Company, etc.)
- Optional password and user levels
- Undo and Redo function for all steps
- Infinite heating, cooling or dwell time segments
- Multiple language versions such as English, Germany, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, etc. (user selectable)
- Evaluation software features a number of functions enabling a complete evaluation of all types of data
- Multiple smoothing models
- Complete evaluation history (all steps can be undone)
- Evaluation and data acquisition can be performed simultaneously
- Data can be corrected using zero and calibration correction
- Data evaluation includes: Peak separation software Signal correction and smoothing, first and second derivative, curve arithmetic, data peak evaluation, glass point evaluation, slope correction. Zoom / individual segment display, multiple curve overlay, annotation and drawing tools, copy to clip board function, multiple export features for graphic and data export, reference based correction
The analysis of polymers is one of the main applications of DSC. Effects like glass transitions, melting and crystallization points are of interest and often very hard to detect. The new Linseis Chip-DSC provides high resolution and sensitivity, making it an ideal instrument for this kind of analysis. As an example, a PET granulate was heated, quench cooled to freeze the amorphous state and afterwards measured by Chip-DSC with a linear heating rate of 50°C/min. The curve shows a significant glass transition at 77°C, followed by a recrystallization of the amorphous parts at 170°C and a melting peak at 295°C.