L75 – 120 LT Dilatometer
8 Sample Dilatometer
The LINSEIS dilatometer L75/120LT was developed to measure the expansion of polymer samples. Hereby up to 8 different samples can be measured simultaneously in a temperature range of –40°C up to +160°C.
To cover the temperature range a commonly available climate chamber is used that incorporates a cooling generator and a heat source. The measuring sensors are mounted on top of the heat chamber and connect through a hole into the chamber. The complete arrangement is airtight, in order to avoid the intrusion of humidity into the measuring chamber.
Optionally a humidity chamber can be selected to control both temperature and humidity in the sample chamber. It is possible to connect a gas box to the measuring chamber. The temperature measurement is done by means of 4 thermocouples which are hanging always between 2 samples.
This arrangement enables to get a good temperature profile over the measuring chamber. The change of the length of the samples over the temperature change is measured with a LVDT sensor (linear variable differential transformer). This sensor has a very high resolution of 14nm (Nanometer) 10E-9. All 8 LVDT`s are connected to the data acquisition. The normally used polymer samples can have a length of 80 up to 100mm. The cross-section of the samples can be 4 x 10mm up to 15 x 15mm.
Black and white
|Model||L75 / 120LT|
|Linear measurement range:||+/-1300um(+/-0,5%FS)
|Measuring principle:||LVDT (differential transformer)|
|Automatic zero adjustment:||Yes|
|Sample load:||(adjustable) 50 up to 500 mN|
|Sample holder material:||Fused Silica|
|Sample dimension:||4 x 10 x 80 up to 100mm|
|Temperature range:||-40°C up to +160°C|
- Sample preparation devices
- Different types (designs/materials) of sample holders
- Vernier calipers for online input of the sample length
- Selection of Gas Boxes for up to 4 gases
- Optional humidity chamber
All LINSEIS thermo analytical instruments are PC controlled. The individual software modules exclusively run under Microsoft® Windows® operating systems. The complete software consists of 3 modules: temperature control, data acquisition and data evaluation. The 32 bit software incorporates all essential features for measurement preparation, execution, and evaluation of a Dilatometer measurement. Thanks to our specialists and application experts, LINSEIS was able to develop comprehensive easy to understand user friendly application software.
- Display of relative/absolute shrinkage or expansion curves
- Presentation and calculation of technical / physical expansion coefficient
- Semiautomatic evaluation functions
- Several system correction features
- Program capable of text editing
- Data security in case of power failure
- Thermocouple break protection
- Repetition measurements with minimum parameter input
- Evaluation of current measurement
- Curve comparison up to 32 curves
- Storage and export of evaluations
- Export and import of data ASCII
- Data export to MS Excel
- Multi-methods analysis (DSC TG, TMA, DIL, etc.)
- Zoom function
- 1 and 2 derivation
- Programmable gas control
- Statistical evaluation package
- Free scaling