LZT-Meter (combined LSR/LFA)
Innovative concept of LZT-Analyzer
The first commercial instrument worldwide to measure the Figure of Merit in only one instrument (combining LSR and LFA).
The instrument combines three types of measurement: Thermal conductivity, Electric resistivity and Seebeck Coefficient, what means it can unify the function of a LSR with a LFA.
The analyzer is available with different furnace types, the new infrared furnace for most accurate temperature control at very high heating and cooling rates, a low temperature furnace and a high temperature furnace.
The included software package provides the possibility to evaluate all measured data in the known easy-to-handle way LINSEIS software is known for and it also provides the Harman-ZT-Model.
Main advantages of all in one measurement:
• Same sample
• Same geometry
• Absolutely identical environmental conditions (humidity, atmosphere)
• Temperature profile
• Possible measurement of high ohmic resistance samples
|Temperature range||-150 up to 500°C |
RT up to 600/1100/1500°C
|Specimen holder||sandwiched between two electrodes|
|Atmosphere||inert, oxid., red., vac.|
|Sample size||2 to 4mm diameter x 6 to 23mm long|
Sample size round (Disc shape)
10, 12.7, 20mm Dia.
up to 4mm Thickness
|Lead interval||free adjustable|
|Seebeck coefficient||Static dc method|
|Electric resistance||four-terminal method|
|Pulse source||Nd:YAG Laser (25 Joule)|
|Pulse duration||0.01 up to 5ms|
|Detector||InSb / MCT|
|Measuring range||0.01 up to 1000mm2/s|
All thermo analytical devices of LINSEIS are PC controlled, the individual software modules exclusively run under Microsoft® Windows® operating systems.
The complete software consists of 3 modules, temperature control, data acquisition and data evaluation. The Linseis 32 - bit software encounters all essential features for measurement preparation, execution and evaluation, just like with other thermo analytical experiments.
- Low- and Hightemperature furnace available
- Seebeck effect, resistivity and Harman ZT
- free progammable
- program Wizard integrated
- Thin Film adapter for flexible and stable Thin Film
- Cylinder, square and disc shape samples assisted
- Precise pulse length correction, pulse mapping
- Heat-loss corrections
- Analysis of 2- or 3-layers systems
- Wizard for selection of the perfect evaluation model
- Specific heat determination
- Contact resistance determination in multi-layer systems
- Automatic or manual input of related measurement data (density, specific heat)
- Model wizard for selection of the appropriate model
- Finite pulse correction
- Heat loss correction
- Multilayer model
- Determination of contact resistance
- Cp (Specific Heat) determination by comparative method
- Easy and user-friendly data input for temperature segments, gases etc.
- Controllable sample robot
- Software automatically displays corrected measurements after the energy pulse
- Fully automated measurement procedure for multi sample measurements
Semiconductors, Metals & Alloys
Automotive / Aviation / Aerospace, Research, Development and Academia, Semiconducting industries / Sensors / Thermoelectric Generators / Cooling devices
A typical thermoelectric material from the telluride family has tested in the temperature range from RT up to 200°C. You can see the electric resistivity and Seebeck coefficient over the temperature.
Ceramic/Glass/Building Materials, Metals/Alloys, Inorganics
Ceramics, Building Materials and Glass Industry, Automotive / Aviation / Aerospace, Power Generation / Energy, Research, Development and Academia, Metals / Alloys Industry, Electronics Industry
Application Example: Copper / Aluminum
The pure metals Copper and Aluminum are used in this example to demonstrate the performance of the Linseis Laser Flash device. The measurement results of the two materials are compared with literature values. The measured results vary within 2% of the given literature values; this demonstrates the excellent performance of the instrument.
Standard Laser Flash reference material Pyroceram 9606. Military – transparent to radar Tops for hot plates and stirrers. Unlike metal tops, glass ceramic is easy to clean, highly resistant to scratches, corrosion and chemical attack.
Isotropic Graphite (AIST)
This graph shows the Thermal Diffusivity values measured on a Linseis LFA 1000 compared to the values measured at AIST* Japan. The literature values of the used Isotropic Graphite from AIST* the measured results on the LFA 1000 vary by less than 2%. *(National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan)